⫸ How to Be an Ally
We want our students to feel welcomed and represented across their campus and wider community and our allies can help make that happen. Here are a few ways you can be an ally to our program!
- Be inclusive in your programming and language.
- Be aware of a few resources or organizations for foster youth
- Understand the terminology
- Attend our Ally Trainings!
⫸ Become a Supporter
Interested in giving back to our scholars? Our program welcomes any opportunities, services and/or resources you may have to offer! Whether you want to become a mentor or offer a one-time opportunity to our students, we are flexible and happy to guide you.
Below are a list of ideas or ways you can give back to our community. For volunteers, especially those who are hoping to interact directly with our students, we require you to participate in our orientation to get to know us and best practices when working with our population.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com.
⫸ Ways to Give Back
• Offer job openings for scholars
• Shadowing opportunities
• Grad school guidance for seniors
• Provide low-cost housing opportunities
• Donate food gift cards
• Sponsor our food closet
• Donate toiletries & basic need items
• Offer scholarship awards
• Purchasing grad school prep materials
• Sponsor an event/outing
• Donate new items
• Offer low-cost, no-cost services in your area of expertise
• Offer free driving lessons for students