To Our Supporters
We want our students to feel welcomed and represented across their campus and wider community and our allies can help make that happen. Here are a few ways you can be an ally to our program!
- Be inclusive in your programming and language
- Be aware of a few resources or organizations for foster youth
- Understand the terminology
- Attend our Ally Trainings
Community Supporters & Volunteers
For volunteers who want more information about our program, expectations, and/or want to interact directly with our students, we will be offering an orientation just for you! There are a variety of ways you can be involved with our program which can include, offering professional development opportunities, basic needs services, financial supports, and more. Specific examples include:
- Offer job openings for scholars
- Mentorship and shadowing opportunities
- Donate food gift cards
- Offer low-cost, no-cost services in your area of expertise
- Sponsor an event
Tours & Outreach
One of our goals is to collaborate with our college and community partners that serve current and former foster youth interested in attending a four-year university such as UCLA! IF you are interested in having a short presentation on our program see below for appropriate steps.
- Admissions: To set up an admissions presentation portion please reach out to their department directly by visiting their website.
- Tours: If you want to include a campus tour, please connect with Campus Tours. They can offer both in-person and virtual tours.
- BGS: Please email us a email@example.com with your inquiry and a tentative agenda at least 3 weeks in advance. Typically our partners will ask for a 10-15 minute program presentation, 20 minute student panel and 10 minutes of Q&A. We are happy to accommodate any requests!