As a BGS/MKV student, you must continue satisfying program requirements to remain eligible for services:
- Attend at least 2 BGS/MKV events or workshops each quarter (visit our events page). Events can include:
- 1:1 Check ins with staff and/or interns
- Attending workshops and events
- Volunteering at workshops and events (help set up and/or clean up)
- Check in with program staff at least 1 time a quarter
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Abide by all college standards for appropriate conduct and community behavior
Students who cannot satisfy the following requirements must meet with a professional staff member in order to be eligible for continued services.
There are areas of focus that our program cannot assist with such as academic counseling, financial aid questions, and specific housing accommodations but we are more than happy to provide guidance on the appropriate department you can connect with.
• Individual counseling and psychotherapy, group therapy, and couples counseling
• Psychiatric evaluation and treatment
• Crisis consultation and emergency intervention
• Psychoeducational programs and workshops
• CAPS (24 hour hotline): (310) 825-0768
• Emergency Housing
• Emergency Short Term Loan
• Emergency Grant
• Meal Vouchers
• Support with navigating campus resources
• Academic support including notifying professors regarding missed classes, dropping a class, withdrawal, etc.
• Referrals to campus and community resources
• Emergency housing and/or exploring housing options
• Consultation for the university community regarding students in distress